Going over my notes I have realized that in my enthusiasm to show the Peregrines as normal folks I did indeed make a mistake with the timeline that I cannot ignore, even is if it is an alternate reality. I assume you all are attempting to figure out the mystery of what the hell is up with Delilah, and I’ve thrown in so many small details to help you guys out with that it is unfair of me not to admit the mistake and try to hand wave it later.
Please make note that Jebidiah did not attend an ENGAGEMENT party for Del and Will, he attended ANNIVERSARY party, and Del and Will were both aged appropriately (mid to late 30s) in that respective reality. That reality’s timeline does indeed sync to the “real world.” Thank you and have a nice day.
Points of note:
KNOW YOUR OTHER
Felicity awoke to find herself in a lab with very little memory of what she was doing and how she got where she was. She was being harassed by her lab partner and had the voice of her mother whispering in her ear. In the other reality is was revealed that:
- She attended Cambridge at the same time as “Alexander” and was the first woman to ever be granted a doctorate in Biology, and at an impressively young age.
- In her attempts to recreate the Hellstromme’s automatons she became a violent paranoid schizophrenic thanks to the manitou (the voice of her mum) whispering in her ear.
- Alexander’s real name is Simon Royce. In the other reality he was a pretty stand up guy, worried about Felicity’s health and the long hours she was putting in.
Things came to a head when Simon decided to sneak into Felicity’s house to see what she was up to and discovered that she was responsible for the missing prostitutes. Felicity was under the delusion that she was using pig carcasses. “Mother” transformed Felicity into an abomination in order to “protect” her from Simon. Felicity was able to break mother’s hold and saw things clearly for the first time in months. She begged Simon to kill her but her was unable to do it. Felicity mustered the strength to force “Mother” out of her, but the process left her a simple childlike shell of her former self.
Cobb woke up to find himself on the ground suffering from mild heatstroke. He remembered his “other life” as a particularly vivid dream. it was revealed that:
- Cobb’s best friend Andy Sharpe had become sheriff of Canton, KS instead of Cobb, though Cobb acted as his deputy.
- Cobb had married Rebbecca and the two of them had a son.
- Andy had done a lot of legwork into the mystery of some mutilated cattle and tracked down an Agency man in an attempt to suss out what was happening before things got too bad.
- Cobb agreed to rally the townsfolk and make them give up their silver jewelry, though he though Andy and the Agency man were touched in the head.
Things came to a head when werewolves attacked Canton that night. But thanks to the legwork Cobb, Sharpe and the other men of the town were better prepared. They managed to pull the wolves back to a choke point where they easily picked them off. Cobb gloated that he managed to kill more wolves than Andy, but if it hadn’t been for Andy’s quick shot Rebbecca would surely have been bitten by the wolves. When it was all over, Andy decided to join up with the Agency to fight evil and trusted “his ole buddy Jim” to take care of Canton.
Jebidiah was very pleasantly woken up by his partner in crime, Miss Juliette Montreau. He remembered his “other life” as a particularly vivid dream. It was revealed that:
- Long, Juliette and their quick handed, spell slinging partner Molly were a successful team of cons that enjoyed parting fools from their money.
- Juliette managed to score them an invite to the Deveroux residence where they were throwing a swanky ANNIVERSARY party for their daughter Delilah and her husband Will.
- After drinking a hell and making sweet love to virginal debutantes, Long checked in with Juliette who said she had an easy mark.
Things came to a head when their “easy mark” inadvertently lead them into a Nosferatu trap. Long ran for Sheriff Peregrine is in a semi drunk haze started to organize a search party. Molly cast earshot and realize that the Nosferatu where underneath the church. She found a secret door and Long followed her down despite his better judgment. At seeing the scene of vampire carnage, Long very nearly had a heart attack. Molly foolhardily took on the head Nosferatu while Long shot from behind a corner and managed to take out 2 of the lessor one. They managed to successfully defeat the creatures and rescue Juliette. Juliette and Jebidiah decided to skip town, and Molly went her own separate way to track down evil.
Eli awoke to his sister trying to get him out of bed to do work for the day. He remembered his “other life” as a particularly vivid dream. It was revealed that:
- Eli’s legs were not healed. Rather he seems to be coping rather well by using a tricked out wheelchair from Smith and Robards.
- Eli became a speech writer for senator hopeful Caleb McKinney. Caleb was a devote man, blessed by the Lord to do good works. Claudia is his fiance.
- Lacy O’Mally still respects Eli’s work in this reality and invited him to write for the Epitaph anytime.
- Caleb’s platform was reconciliation between the North and the South. He also hold that all are equal in the eyes of god, and encourage the Negro vote.
Things came to a head when McKinney to his campaign team to the Ybor residence. Sabine Vinoy tried to trick McKinney into helping her complete her ritual but Eli advise it to be a bad idea and McKinney wholeheartedly agreed. Vinoy attempted to attack but Eli blasted her fool head off. Caleb managed to hold poor possessed little Angela, and he completed an exorcism. When it was all done, he talked about dropping his bid for candidacy in order to be a solider for the Lord traveling the west and spreading His message. Eli was proud to join him.
KNOW WHAT THEY DID
- Simon was spurred by what happened to Felicity to lead a movement against Mad Science. He became involved in politics and rose the position of Prime Minister. He convinces Parliament that they should focus on Pure Science, which will also allow England to extract itself from the war between the American States since they will no longer be dependent on ghost rock.
- Caleb continued to preach his message of forgiveness to solders of both sides, stressing that they are all brother and sisters in the eyes of the Lord.
- Molly and Sharpe meet up at some point and discover the existence of Blood Wolves, an unholy hybrid of werewolf and vampire. The team together to hunt the abominations.
KNOW HOW THEY SACRIFICED
- Simon is pushing a childlike Felicity through a garden in a sanitarium. Melissa chides Simon, say that people talk about his “visitations.” He replies to Melissa as he moves in front of the chair to look at Felicity “You didn’t know her Melissa, before, at Cambridge. So brilliant but so lonely. How can I leave her alone now?” Suddenly there was a loud bang and a cry of “LONG LIVE NEW SCIENCE!” Simon crumples in front of Felicity’s chair as his blood seeps into the ground. He smiles up at her, and closes his eye for the last time.
- Eli watches from a hillside as a battle takes place in a valley of bones. Caleb stands in the middle of the valley and raises his arms to Heaven as an enormous tidal wave heads towards the valley. Caleb shouts at the top of his lungs “LORD! CLEANSE ME OF MY SINS AND WASH AWAY MY INEQUITIES!” as the wave crashes down, obliterating the valley.
- Molly pulls a barely living, mangled Sharpe up a ridge as an ungodly number of blood wolves close in on them. Molly lights a stick of dynamite then uses the dynamite to light cigars for her and Sharpe. She then drops the stick onto a covered wagon. The wagon explodes catastrophically, covering the wolves and the ridge in a searing, cleansing fire.
KNOW HOW THEY WERE DESTROYED
- A teenage Caleb has been perversely nailed to a cross in a church and he screams for mercy. A gunman responds in a raspy voice, “Sure” and shoots him in the head.
- A women clutches a twelve year old Andy Sharpe and begs for the gunman to spare her son. The gunman replies “It’s your son I’m hear for” and he fires.
- A family looks over the side of a boat in a panic screaming “Molly! MOLLY!” In the murky water the gunman drags the lifeless corpse of a little girl as he walks the bottom of the river, not seeming to need air.
- The gunman aims at Simon as the latter carries his pregnant sister. The woman is coughing blood as Simon kicks open a cellar door. The gunman pauses for a moment, then seems to change his mind and walks away.
Back in the Real World
The posse wakes up to find that little time has passed. The Hall of Possibilities has been destroyed and the doppelganger is burst to a crisp. Mama Jolou and Del are both lying on the ground as well. Del is no longer wearing her duster or hat, though she still has her pendant. She wakes up in hysterics not knowing where she is or what’s happening, she seems to have a vague recollection of Cobb but doesn’t seem to know anyone else. Alexander sedated her and she was brought into Mama Jolou’s tent.
Mama Jolou invited everyone in for swamp tea and cookies. She offered to answer questions, but admitted that she doesn’t know everything, and that she sometimes “cheats” with spies. She also states that whatever Del was/is is more powerful than she. The Reckoners are brought up again and Mama Jolou states that they they are manitou, demon, rada, whatever you call an evil spirit they are the worst and the most powerful, and they seek entrance into the physical world. They feed off fear and are weakened by hope. That’s the task of the undead gunman, to destroy those who would give hope. That’s why those who oppose the Reckoners have tried to manipulate the fate of the posse, because they need the message of hope carried, though not as overtly. She described that gunman as the Servitor of Death (OOC NOTE: I feel the need to point out she never said the name “Stone” because she does not know his name, we talked about “Stone” OOC) She whacked Cobb several times with her stick when he talked about tracking down the Servitor, telling him that he is too headstrong and that throwing his life away needlessly is not heroism, it’s foolishness. She warned that the Servitor has been shot, stabbed, beaten, burn, and sunk to the bottom of the ocean, but he always returns.
She then asked everyone except Felicity to leave the tent. Once they were alone, Mama Jolou warned Felicity that she did not know why Simon Royce was spared by the Servitor. The only reason is that the Reckoners believe that they can use him in their cause. She says that he his “broken.” Mama Jolou warns Felicity that Simon must die in order for her to live, but she doesn’t know if Simon does so willingly or unwillingly.
Felicity tries to speak with Alexander afterwards. At first he praises her for discovering his identity, but Felicity pushes the matter slightly too far by mentioning his sister.
Mama Jolou then summons “Alexander” and Eli to help remove her eye and heal her, which they do expertly. She expresses great pleasure at her new glass eye. She then heads off into seclusion and says Sam will contact them once her preparation are complete. She also asks the posse to see to her remains, and says that she want Cobb to carry her ashes with him.
The posse returned to Tombstone.